Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"I Am" Poem

I am honest and playful
I wonder if I will have children
I hear the angels blow their trumpets
I want to go to heaven
I am honest and playful

I pretend to fly
I feel the lord’s hands in mine
I touch fire of the horizon
I worry about our world in the future
I cry for my Aunt Mallisa
I am honest and playful

I understand my personality
I say I will make the world a better place
I dream that the lord will come for my soul
I try my best to get good grades
I hope my parents live to see my children
I am honest and playful

4 comments:

Anne Davis said...

Hello Eddie!

I like your new blog. Are you excited that school will end in a few days? I hope you will post some interesting information on this blog. Make us proud!

Mrs. Davis

C. Doherty said...

Wow Eddie! You paint great pictures with your words. Your line about hoping your parents live to see your children made me feel like crying. It is so bitter sweet. I would like to see some more of you poems.

eddie said...

Mrs.Davis,
I am gled that I will get out of school in a few days. The thing that I'm not happy that I have to leave you this year. Anyways you can still watch me hgrow up to be a succesful 6th grader.
eddie

eddie said...

Carolyn,
I am not really a poem writer but we had to go by that list in 5th grade blogging to make a different poem. Although I do like to read poems. Do you write poems or do you know a website that you can search for poems at